Please get in touch to enquire more about the products or to take your next steps to buy.
Telaustralias Ten Most Popular PABX Phone System Features
1. Its definitely VoicemailWith out a doubt the most popular feature ordered on our phone systems is Voicemail. Saving time and money over handwritten messages and allows you to use your business resources more effectively. No more incorrect spelling or missed phone numbers. Used the same as on your mobile phone the PABX Phone System Voice mail allows your callers to tell you exactly what they want you to hear. Most PABX phone systems allow you to allocate who can and who cant use voice mail …its your choice. Alcatel PABX phone systems have voice mail included on all their systems while with some other brands it is available at additional cost.
2. Hands Free Speaker PhonesHands free Speaker phones are becoming a must have with most Business phone Systems. Allowing you to continue to work while waiting on hold, dial numbers without picking up the phone, share a call as a conference call with others in your office or allowing you to continue to use a PC while in a conversation while speaking to your caller. All PABX Phone system manufacturers have models available that have speaker phone functionality. If hands free speaker phones are on your list make sure you specify them when arranging a quote. Some suppliers will quote you on the cheapest handsets available and then charge you to upgrade later.
3. Music or Messages on HoldWith Music on Hold or Messages on Hold (MOH) you provide you customer with a greeting or message while they are waiting in a call queue or the call has been transferred and is waiting to be picked up. The use of day and night time greetings allows your business to have different messages for different times of the day depending on whether you are open or not and assist in making sure you don’t ever miss a call. Similarly during peak periods, if the call hasn’t been answered the system will answer the call for you and greet the caller with your own message. Depending on your PABX Phone system and the type of phone lines you have (ISDN is more effective) some systems are capable of answering and holding multiple calls simultaneously. Telaustralia will arrange to have your phone system programmed to your needs. Be sure to clearly specify what you want on your PABX Phone System Scope document. As with Voice Mail, some PBX Phone systems include MOH as a standard inclusion.
4. The ability to transfer calls – sounds simple right?Sounds simple enough but if you don’t have the right type of lines paired with a PBX Phone system to meet your needs you may be disappointed. Ideally ISDN 2 or ISDN 10/20/30 with a DID Direct In Dial Number range will make this function more capable during peak periods. Each Phone System Manufacturer has their own method of dealing with call transfer so its important that you check that this simple but important function meets your needs.
5. The greeting message – your customers introduction to your businessThis feature is often one of the hardest for a business to get right with their PBX Phone System. Many business take the short cut and record this message them selves instead of getting a professional recording ….. and a large percentage don’t really nail it. Day and night time greeting messages ensure your business will not miss any important calls. If your calls are not answered within a defined number of rings the greeting message will come on “thanks for calling , your call is important and we will be with your shortly” etc. Depending on your PABX Phone system and the type of phone lines you have (ISDN is more effective) some systems are capable of answering and holding more than 1 call at a time.
6. Auto Attendant - Need to manage a lot of calls?Auto Attendant allows you to direct your calls to the right place without the intervention of a receptionist. Eg press 1 for sales, 2 for accounts and 3 for customer service. This can allow you to save money on reception costs and all allows you to reduce the wait time for your customers by sending them directly to the area they want to go to but beware. Many callers do not like dealing with companies with this feature so it is very important to get the set up right.
7. Speed dialling on your handsets - Single button diallingSpeed dialing comes in 2 forms ..basic dialing from your handset and computer based CTI software allowing you to dial numbers from your desk top phone book. Most PABX Phone System manufacturers have handsets that allow add on Terminals that can handle up to 100 direct speed dials. Most standard handsets come with between 6 and 24 buttons that can be used for speed dial. Many of the basic to mid range handsets from Alcatel, LG & Samsung have 6-16 speed dials as standard.
8. Wireless headsets - Bluetooth & DECTMore and more our customers are requesting wireless and corded headsets. Wireless headsets are usually Bluetooth or Dect. Dect giving grater range and mobility while blue tooth is compatible with a grater range of products including mobile phones and the PABX phone system. Some models from Plantronic have multiple pairing, allowing you to switch between calls from PABX Phone System and Mobile Phones
9. Conference callingThe capacity to conduct conference calling depends on your needs. The simplest and cheapest method is using a speaker phone suitable for a normal size office while the higher and and more expensive option uses multi directional microphones and even directional video. If you will be conference calling from a larger conference room be sure to advise you supplier of this when getting a quote so that they can quote you on exactly what you need.
10. Phone System SoftwareA broad range of supporting software is now available to use in support of the PABX phone system. Call accounting software allowing hotels to charge guests for calls, CTI software allowing for integration of phone books, call management software for inbound and outbound call centers provides for call quality monitoring, call recording and detailed statistical analysis. Ensure you advise your supplier of your exact needs when scoping the PABX Phone system you need.
We'd like to thank Telaustralia for their wonderful service and professional manner in installing our NBN Phone System into our new office. Highly recommend their services - a pleasure to deal with. Sue Wilkinson Associa.. more..
Telaustralia was fantastic. Helpful, responsive, maintained ownership throughout our SHDSL & ISDN 10 Primary Rate Installation. www.bazaarvoice.com (http://bazaarvoice.com).. more..
Our office relocation went more smoothly than I could have hoped, thanks to Telaustralia. It was such a relief to have one point of contact for this project. Telaustralia managed the relocation of our fixed lines and sup.. more..
Since changing to Telaustralia we have saved a considerable amount on our business phone accounts. We have been very impressed with the professional & prompt service we have received from the Telaustralia team. Nothi.. more..
I would like to thank you for the level of service we received when you took over our business and home telecommunication accounts this year. It seemed like a daunting task to move our supplier considering we had been wi.. more..
We are very new customers to Telaustralia after being referred by one of your existing clients. Telephone communications is so frustrating, different person everyone time you call for service,no followup and waiting peri.. more..
Before moving all of my business telecommunication accounts to Telaustralia, I was experiencing ever increasing phone bills and zero customer service. Since then, my move to Telaustralia has definitely changed my neg.. more..
Telaustralia have been the ideal business partner for my business. I have landline, Blackberry Mobile and Internet services through them. The highlight besides the pricing is the personalised service for new products and.. more..
I would like to thank the Telaustralia team for their fabulous service - being time & equipment - also taking the time to review our account during our problem - Their patience & understanding has solved our issu.. more..
Just wanted to take the time to thank everyone at Telaustralia for their superb service, after spending what seemed like days trying to explain to someone what I required. I was recommended to Telaustralia and you guys g.. more..